7.24.2012

The Brown Chicks Meet The Chicks!
I ran into a woman whom I've met since moving up here at soccer the other night. She happened to mention that she had 8 baby chickens at her house. I immediately invited ourselves over...the next morning we were there & the girls were just thrilled. Maeve was a little challenging because she just chased them around & wasn't the most gentle with them!!! {poor things!}
I can't even tell you how many times we had to say "Maeve, be nice to the chickens," and she'd look at me and say "nice!" She had no idea, but really loved them. She'd get so excited every time she'd actually catch one & touch it!
Margaux liked the chickens but was a little hesitant to touch or hold them. She definitely didn't enjoy the experience as much as the other two & that was fine. She enjoyed seeing them but didn't really get as close. It didn't help that while we were standing next to their little cage, one of the chicks flew up & landed on the back of her head {just above her ponytail}! She cried so hard, I felt terrible. It totally freaked her out!!!
And then there's Marin. She was OBSESSED with them & I wasn't surprised. She immediately found one little chick that she fell in love with. If it even tried to get up, she'd grab it & push it back down into a laying position in her lap. It was really cute. Eventually she had a few of them sleeping/resting around her.
Marin & her buddy chick...
And one close-up of Marin's friend little chick. I had to explain to her that they wouldn't stay this small forever and that eventually....
They would all grow into this...
Then she changed her mind & I think she was okay leaving that baby chick at our friend's house!! The one hour visit was quite enough & I'm quite certain there isn't a chicken coup in our future!! xoxo

No comments: