5.21.2013

This little one broke the mold a two nights ago. She's the first one to successfully attempt to get out of her crib! After she did it once, there was no stopping her. Gary & I tried so hard to be stern with her but we couldn't stop laughing. Sitting in the living room we would hear her blanket hit the floor & then shortly after we'd hear her hit the floor {not knowing how she was actually climbing out}. Then she'd come out into the hallway, shut her door {loudly} and walk out into the living room & sit right down on the couch next to us. Of course I snapped a few photos of her...
 After about 6 times getting out of bed, Gary went in her room & layed on the floor until she fell asleep. Then I heard her door slam @ 4am. Guess who was out of bed & met me in the hallway???
Needless to say, first thing Sunday morning {after Gary ran the Cellcom 1/2 marathon} we were taking down the crib. Gary asked me why I was taking pictures, I told him because the crib that has been a part of our home for the past SIX years!!! Sad to see another "baby" item go...
 Once the big girl bed was set up the girls could not wait to give it a try. Marin decided to have all of them pretend to sleep. I love Maeve's face in the top "sleeping" photo. Only a short moment after, Maeve decided that she didn't want the girls in her bed & it turned into yelling.
 Happy as pie once the other two left her bed & she had it all to herself with her beloved reindeer blanket. Now if I could only get her to sleep well & stay in her new big girl bed, that would be WONDERFUL. We're working on it but it's not going so well. I will keep you updated, but for now I am exhausted!
 Enjoy this quick video of her showing us how she climbed out. We asked her in the morning to show us so we knew how she was getting out. After watching this, we knew we had to get her in a bed. Only a matter of time & this accident prone child would have gotten herself hurt! So funny!

No comments: