Now the zoo pics from our trip to Michigan. Such an amazing time/experience. The animals are so close it's a bit scary, but still pretty amazing to see. Below the chicks & Gary are feeding/interacting with a baby baboon. I loved how Maeve kept looking at him saying "awww, baby is so cute!" She really enjoyed this part of the trip.
Marin loved the "zorse" half zebra, half horse. After all the horses in all the movies they watch, I think it was fun for them to see a horse so close. The next photos are Margaux when she fed the bears giant marshmallows. It was so funny because you had to throw them over a pretty tall fence to get it to the bears. She tried so many times but couldn't quite get it over the fence. She thought it was soooo funny! I think Margaux enjoyed the trip but she was by far the most hesitant of the three. It was cute to see her watch from a distance. I totally understood her feelings, the animals are HUGE and very close. We let her know that we wouldn't let any of them hurt her.
This was Marin's favorite by far, the baby wolf. She is so proud of this photo & could not wait to print it to share with her friends at school. He was such a fuzzy, soft little thing. Maeve kept calling it a puppy, which he did in fact seem like a nice little puppy. Marin got to hold this little guy twice!
Then there was Lewie the chimp. He is 3 years old and apparently VERY strong. The owner of the zoo says he can lift 200lbs already. Therefore, the girls were not able to get too close to him...only the adults. Gary & I had so much fun watching & interacting with him. {The girls stood back & laughed pretty hard!} He esp. liked Gary & had a great time giving him high-fives. I just love these photos!
Maeve is a lion fan. Must be all the Lion King she's been watching. In the hours before we got to the zoo, she kept saying that she wanted to see the "big lions." Here she is standing at the lion cage with the female in the background behind her.
Chimp Lewie & baby baboon pics that are too cute not to share!
Poor Maeve's little legs got oh so tired. Mike happily scooper her up & gave her a ride through the zoo. She was very happy for that!!!
And a few lion/tiger pics as well. I think we'll be visiting this zoo again next year. The kids and adults had a fun time. We look forward to seeing new babies next year too.








No comments:
Post a Comment