11.10.2014

This morning I was woken up to the sound of Maeve running through the house yelling "It's Christmas time, it's Christmas time!!!" I answered her telling her it is not Christmas yet & she quickly replied "yes, it is!!!" Once I got out into the kitchen I realized it was because we had snow!!! It was coming down like a blizzard. Seems a bit early, but it sure was beautiful outside. 
Maeve was eager to get out & play in it...
We shoveled what we could {It is melting pretty quickly} and it didn't take her long to put a handful into her mouth! Why do all kids love eating snow? Then she requested that we make a snow man. The snow was perfect for making a snowman & we had our little one made fairly quickly.  We searched for two stick arms & headed into the house to get a carrot, broccoli for eyes & a hat. When we came back out we found our snowman Olaf looking like this...
Poor Maeve was not happy. "Oh no! I didn't even get to say goodbye to Olaf & now he's all messed up!" It was pretty funny. She was clearly very upset, so we decided to give him his nose & eyes anyway. That made her happy!
Something tells me we will have plenty more opportunities to make another Olaf this winter! xoxo

No comments: