9.07.2016

 A few weeks ago during Sunday dinner Marin told us that she was the "most country" one in our family. My sister laughed & said  "Marin, have you ever even been to a farm or on a tractor?!?" Then we all told stories about how Katie & I used to go to the farm all the time when we were little... ride tractors, feed the cows, etc. Turns out Gary & I are far more country than the girls are. Made us all realize the girls needed a trip to the farm!
So last week before school started the girls had a day with Grandpa. My dad picked them up in the morning & brought them out to his cousin Pat's farm. 
They were all very excited. We packed lots of snacks, got them in some play clothes & sent them on their way with their rain/mud boots on.
Our little chicks were country bumpkins for a day & we all loved it!
They got a ride on the tractor which I remember doing all the time as a little girl. Many hours spent riding along on the tractors with my dad & Pat.
They also showed them the really old tractor...
They played in the barns for a bit & hung out with a lot of cows!
Marin said it smelled really bad... she almost threw up! haha
My dad & Pat took them out to lunch and brought them back to the farm in time for them to see them milk the cows. Also something I remember doing all the time as a kid. 
I am so happy they stayed long enough to see that.
So many great pictures & such a fun day for all of them. 
Great memories made that day with Grandpa. I think they are looking forward to doing it again! 
Thanks Dad! xoxo

No comments: