Today our little firecracker Maeve is SIX!!! The birthdays keep coming even though I beg for them to stop. These girls are growing up too fast for this mommy. Maeve was pretty fired up for her birthday, we've had a count down going for weeks! Yesterday the two of us went shopping together {that is all she wanted to do for her birthday} She grabbed her purse & we were on our way. At the mall she picked out a few dresses, a pair of pj's, an "m" pillow, some flip flops, makeup and this fun unicorn sleep mask was her favorite purchase.
She loved it so much she couldn't wait to go to sleep & wake up on her birthday. When I walked in & saw her asleep wrapped up in her blanket with the mask on I just laughed. Had to snap a quick photo.
This morning uncle Mike brought donuts for all & she couldn't wait to line up 6 candles around her donut. Happy Birthday Maeve!!!
She thought she was going to skip summer school on her birthday but decided this morning that she really wanted to go because her friends would all be there. Once she left summer school we headed to the water park for the afternoon. 5 hours in the water & sun. We were all wiped out after! I didn't take one single pic all afternoon {booooo!}. Never even thought about it, we were too busy having fun with our friends. Once we got home it was time to have cake & celebrate with friends & family.
We are always a little birthday cake'd out by the time Maeve's birthday comes along so we were all happy when she chose a recees peanut butter cup blizzard ice cream cake! So yummy! Birthday cake & more presents. She was so happy!
Here are a few photos I took of her for her birthday session the other day. She looks so darn cute & soooooo grown up. As I was snapping her I was having a conversation with her about the fact that this is the last year that she may be toothless. Really we don't know when that big tooth will come in but I would assume sometime in the next year. We have grown to love her toothless smile so much, it will be so different with a big tooth in there!
Just love her to pieces.
Her little dimples make me smile until my face hurts, I love them so much. It is so hard to believe she is six years old already. Now if we could only get her to stop crying, we'd be all set. She says that when she turns 6 she won't cry anymore.. we'll see if that happens!
Although we wouldn't trade her for the world.
She has had a pretty good day though. Tonight instead of snuggling mom one last time on her birthday, she chose to have a sleepover at her bff Eva's. Just tucked her in over there & she is happy as can be with her sleep mask on for the second night in a row. So darn cute!
Happy, happy birthday to our favorite Maeve. Love you honey! xoxo


No comments:
Post a Comment