3.25.2020

It's been a week since my last post. A lot has changed in a week. What hasn't changed is the Stay At Home order. We are all still quarantined to our houses. The girls are enjoying their spring break days the best they can. They are definitely ready for a little routine. There is only so much we can do being at home all day. Gary did get the go ahead to work from home so he's been home all week. The sunroom is now his new office for who knows how long. I am so thankful that he's home. I feel 100x better with all 5 of us in the house together. Safe.
Lots of office share time this week because the girls & I have not started virtual school yet. Maeve has been at the desk next to him watching live feeds from various zoo's across the US. She just loves checking in on the animals. All three of the girls have been using facetime to connect with their friends & we wave from 6+ feet away outside when we see the neighbors. The national suggestion is that every stays at least 6 feet away from each other at all times. We have been taking walks with Veraghen's almost daily. It is our sanity!!! One family walks on the sidewalk & the other on the road so we have about 10 feet between us. We are being so careful! Most days we walk to my parents or Katie & Mike's to say hello and check in. Today we walked outside with my parents & Katie/Mike/kids. So hard to stay away from each other, but we are doing it.
Hayden has been hanging out by Margaux's window too. They think it is so funny! Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess. They'll do anything to see each other. Hayden's birthday is in a few days & they are just so sad that we can't celebrate together like we usually do. Life is so different right now. I am just thankful to see them all still smiling. 
They were also recording videos of themselves dancing through the window. Goofballs.
We've all been doing a lot of sidewalk chalking too! Cute messages all throughout the neighborhood. It is pretty cool to walk around seeing all of the art from all the kids. A lot of really great, inspirational quotes & beautiful drawings.
Nationally, people are decorating & hanging hearts in windows to show support for all the healthcare workers. Our girls made a few this week & we've got them hanging in all the front windows of the house.
Also fun to walk through the neighborhood & see all the hearts in windows. They are everywhere! 
We are starting to hear rumblings that we won't be going back to school the 13th. Starting to sound more like the end of April... if at all. I am anxious to get going next week with the virtual learning. I think it will be good for the girls. All three of them have been AMAZING. So much better than Gary & I ever thought they would have been given the circumstances. They are getting along & we are all really enjoying our time together. We have been playing games, baking a ton & addicted to puzzles. I've been taking photos of each one, so eventually I'll have to share them soon. xoxo

No comments: