8.31.2020

 Margaux has been asking us to put the Christmas tree up upstairs since April when we were in the heat of our shut down/quarantine. She insisted that it "just makes her happy!" As much as I love the tree, it seemed silly to have it up all summer. I just kept thinking about how dusty it would get being up for that long. As it is, we already have it up for two full months November & December... maybe a little into January ;)

Last night Gary came upstairs & told Margaux he had a surprise for her. He had drug out the basement tree & put it in the living room area. The girls were so excited. No decorations, just a lit up fake Christmas tree. As silly as it is, it really does feel good to see the lights on. Warms up the area & makes it feel so cozy. Not the big tree upstairs like she requested, but I think this will do.

Good idea Margaux. I think we are all enjoying our new lighting in the basement. xoxo

No comments: