8.26.2020

 Yesterday our friends came up to visit. Christina & I taught 3rd grade together in MKE for years. We would always joke that we spent more time together than we did with our husbands. It was so nice to see them, definitely been too long. Our girls had not seen each other for years & barely remembered the last time we met. They had a great time together & are already looking forward to another visit soon. Winter & not being able to be outside will make that more difficult with Covid. We are so over it!!! Please go away nasty virus! haha Sad... but I don't see it going away anytime soon unfortunately. 

Maeve soaked up the benefits of Eva's "Yes Day" this week too. Right before school kicks back into session Eva's mom always gives her one "Yes Day" where she says yes to everything within reason. This is probably the 3rd year in a row that her first request is having Maeve join them. Yes Day for Maeve too!! Love that they wanted to go to the holiday isle at Hobby Lobby. Also a little outside evening fun for them with Margaux added in. 
Hard to believe that these kiddos start school next week. I waited until just a few days ago to actually order their school supplies because I really felt that school was not going to happen this fall. Guess the district is going to give it a try. I didn't order nearly as many supplies as I usually do, I cut back quite a bit thinking they'll eventually be back at home... but we'll see! There are many districts in the state/country that are starting off virtual. I will be thankful for any time the kids get face to face with their teachers. They really need it. It's been a long 5 months since they have been in school. Hoping for the best... but for now we're soaking up our last few days of summer. xoxo

No comments: