12.05.2020

Last year when we celebrated our 40th birthdays in St John we all decided that we'd return a year later to celebrate Travis' 40th. Here we are a year later in the middle of a pandemic & unable to celebrate the way we had all anticipated. Although travel is increasing & it is safe, it is still difficult to travel outside of the country. Wendy did an awesome thing & hired a private chef from one of our favorite restaurants to come to her house to prepare a birthday dinner for Travis & co.

I bought Gary a shirt to celebrate the big day. Big deal when Gary pauses his Fortnite game to attend a gathering!! haha We have become so comfortable hanging out at home & doing nothing. More than enough time for Gary to play video games.... he's slightly addicted & we love to tease him.

We have yet to have dinner in a restaurant since the pandemic started. Although I know some feel comfortable, I do not! We've had our fair share of takeout but not been in a sit down restaurant in almost a year! It's such a crazy thought. For that reason I was very excited for this dinner. We all had a great time & Wendy did a great job distancing everyone during the meal... which was amazing! One of our best meals ever.
I am hopeful this trip to St John can still happen in the near future. Maybe 2021 will bring us better travel or at least make it easier for us to leave the country. We'll see! xoxo

No comments: