12.07.2020

 Well the temps are dropping & we are still working to keep ourselves busy during this odd time. Margaux even made her own jam today, we're getting desperate for some normalcy! She had fun mashing it up & adding a little sugar to make a delicious sandwich for her lunch. She is also feeling refreshed because she got some good quality friend time in this past weekend. Much needed.

Merry has been busy making herself at home this year. She's been pretty crafty in her placement each day. Maeve just loves her & even sent her home to the North Pole with a letter for Santa the other day.
We're counting down the days until Christmas. The girls & I have been snuggled in watching all the Hallmark movies. It's so fun that they enjoy them as much as I do. Keeps us busy with all the downtime. We've also started doing puzzles again so that has been keeping us busy. Today was my first day back at school. The district decided to bring the kids back for these two weeks leading into Christmas. Gary & I decided to keep the girls virtual through the new year just for the sake of keeping them minimally exposed. And they are all doing so great, why ruin it for only a few short days {they would only attend every other day, so 4 days total in the two weeks}. So my mornings like this are done for two weeks...
And as of today look more like this.... me masked in the classroom I am working in all set up distanced from the kids at the front desk/podium. Today went well, just hard to get back into the swing of things after being home for so long. These two weeks will go fast & the holiday will be here before we know it.

In the meantime, the girls are home for two weeks without mom! Aside from the occasional day when I have been gone, they have never had home alone time like this. I have always been home with them. I've left them with chore lists & specific instructions to keep the house clean. Gary is going to do his best to check in on them & work some afternoons from home. Wish us all luck!! xoxo 

No comments: