Spring Break Week! Yesterday {Monday} afternoon I decided to take the girls to a small local indoor water park. We had soooo much fun. Maeve was in heaven being able to splash around all by herself. It was so fun seeing her explore a place like that for the first time. She was even dancing! {see below}
Marin was a little fish. She split her time between the slides & swimming back and forth in the pool. She swam back & forth forever! It's so nice to have at least one child that can swim. She still looks so different to me with that missing tooth. Blue lips as well, they were cold!
Our friends Kristy & Maya came along. Margaux spent most of her time with Maya going up and down the bigger slide {the yellow one} I swear they must have gone up and down about 50 times. It never got old. I did slow her down long enough to take a few photos! Poor thing is so tiny, she was freezing. But that didn't seem to phase her.
And it only took a few trips down the big slide with Maeve before she started to figure out that she wanted to do it by herself. I was a bit hesitant but she did it... and after the first time she just kept on going! Over & over! It was so cute! She's such a big girl. UNTIL.... about trip #5, she was crawling up the steps to the big slide her hand slipped & she hit her mouth on the steps. Lots of crying & two chipped teeth. I was heartbroken. {picture crying all evening, feeling so sorry for my baby!} She was fine & in zero pain, but she looked a bit silly. We did take her to the dentist this morning, they did some x-rays & were able to file down her teeth so they don't look so bad anymore. {It took Gary, Aunt Katie & a few other hygienists to hold her down to do the filing, I stayed away...no way could I handle that!} I say it looks 80% better, but her little smile looks different & I can only hope that as she gets bigger & time goes on, it will start to look better. I still get upset thinking about it. Although today, even after all the trauma, she's still talking about how fun the slide was at the swimming park. She's a trooper & is definitely the one that's going to give me a run for my money!!
Here is Margaux with Maya...
LOVE this photo of Marin! She's so big & had so much fun swimming around. Her new smile is starting to grow on me... until the next one falls out & it's totally different again! lol
One more of Marin & Maeve. She wanted Maeve to wait for her each time but there was no stopping Maeve. She could not wait for Marin! haha
It was such a fun afternoon, but honestly I'm not sure I could go back there. I would be on edge the entire time after our injury yesterday. We'll see how I feel in a few months. I sure got some cute pics though! I'll have to snap Maeve's new smile now! xoxo







No comments:
Post a Comment