1.17.2016

Sad news... our cute little fish Anna died a few days ago. She was swimming a little funny for over a week or so... we knew something was wrong but we continued to feed her & even cleaned the water just to make sure that wasn't an issue. There were a few times we had to jiggle the bowl to see if she was still alive, but each time she'd just start swimming. Until a few days ago when I walked in the girls' bathroom {that's where we have her bowl} and found her looking like this...
Definitely not swimming. I thought the girls were going to be so sad, we'd had her for a year & a half... but to my surprise they weren't nearly as sad as I thought they were going to be. I got the net out & scooped her up & went to put her in the toilet. When I did, her little body did not fall nicely into the water, it plopped onto the side of the toilet without any water. She was stuck there & needed to be flushed. The girls thought it was hilarious! Poor thing got flushed in a hurry!
Our plan was to take the girls to pick out a new fish, but last night while we were at our friends house for the Packer game, her teenage daughter told us she had a betta fish in her room that she was having trouble remembering to feed. So she said she wanted the girls to take him home & take better care of him. The girls were so happy! So away we went with our new little friend. 
Meet Clifford the little red betta fish!
We did take the girls to the pet store to pick out new rocks this morning... the pink ones we had for Anna did not go well with Clifford's red body. The girls picked out blue rocks & a little green leaf that sits just below the surface for him to rest on. Apparently Betta fish like a place to rest near the surface. A new pet in the family... just like that. WAY easier than I thought it would have been! We love watching him & are hoping he will live as long as Anna did, if not longer. xoxo

No comments: