Happy 40th Birthday Gary!!!
How did we get to 40 already? As much as the number has crept up on us, we definitely don't feel it. I remember my parents turning 40 with birthday parties filled with black over the hill décor. At that point in my life it felt like 40 was so old. Now I wonder if looking back, our kiddos will feel the same. Today we celebrate Gary...
And Margaux. They shared the day. She was also gracious enough to share her cake. {It has been sitting for days, not even cut with all the illness & iffy bellies} 11th birthday cake that read Happy Birthday Margaux with a giant fish on it. A special choice from Uncle Mike who ordered the cake & Marg asked to be surprised. It made us all laugh.
We added a little sign that said Happy 40th Gary to the cake & we were good to go! As close as all of our birthdays are, we have never joint celebrated. This was a first & I think they both enjoyed it!
We invited a few friends over to help us celebrate...
And they all enjoyed the birthday glasses I bought for Margaux & friends.
Happiest of birthdays to two of my favorites! Can't wait to celebrate again in a few days on a beach!! Only thing that would make it better would be if our kids were joining us. BUT... I'll take the adult vacation too! The girls could use some grandma time! haha Counting down the days... xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment